"There's no place like home."

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Waffle Bus


Last month my little family and I went to the Houston Children's Museum (post on that coming soon).  After running around all morning we decided to give another food truck a try and drove on over to the Urban Outfitters in Rice Village in Houston.  I've noticed that the Urban Outfitters in Houston is always hosting a food truck and that Sunday afternoon it was The Waffle Bus.  Inside the "bus" the staff is preparing all kinds of goodness inside waffles or waffle fries.  The guy to took my order was really awesomely friendly.  It may have been because I still had my face painted like a cat from the museum and totally forgot, but I really think they are just a good staff!
My husband and I ordered the classic combo of chicken and waffles with their special sauce (which is like a spicy mayo).  I noticed as I waited for my food that they were doing everything fresh on the spot.  The chicken is buttermilk battered and fried there on the the bus.  Even noticed they were checking on the chicken's internal temperature to make sure it was cooked all the way through.  The chicken for me and my husband was the star of the show.  It was quite tasty and very moist. 
My daughters shared an order of their Cheeseburger and Chicken Fryders, which are little slider type burgers that use waffle fries instead of buns.  My husband and I got to taste at least one of each kind of Fryders since the kids didn't finish them all.  The burger was quite tasty.  Can't go wrong with beef, cheese and fries! We did notice the actual fries have a little kick to them, which my family enjoyed.
We hope to go back and give their sweet sandwiches a try, they looked delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment