"There's no place like home."

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Round Rock Donuts


About two weeks ago we traveled west to Austin, Texas for a cook-off.  My husband and his friend competitively cook in cook-offs all year round and this time they thought they would give it a go in Austin.  While there we decided we HAD TO to go over and try Round Rock Donuts.  If you watch Travel Channel or or Food Network, you may have seen this donut shop featured in shows.  We saw it on Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food.  Their most popular item is their huge, "Texas-Sized" donut and orange glaze.
The Texas-Sized Donuts next to their regular donuts, which were pretty big too!

Bigger than my water bottle!
So, Sunday before we came back home we decided to give it a whirl.  The line ran outside of their small store front.  I was weary and started to think, "Can they really be worth waiting in line for?"  The line moved fairly quickly and once I was inside, I ordered my donut which was reasonably priced and waited for my order to be ready.  We didn't actually eat the donut until we got back home that afternoon.  After taking our first bites, my husband says, "I will go back!"  It really was a great donut!  They have this amazing texture that I have never had in a donut before.  We can't wait to go back!
I loved the art on the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment