"There's no place like home."

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oriental Gourmet Express

Yummy Dumplings
Here's a business that totally embodies what this blog is about.  My family and I were recently on our way to one of our favorite local eateries when we noticed Oriental Gourmet Express.  It sits at the back end of a small shopping center in front of NASA and Space Center.  When we walked in we were immediately welcomed by the owner and his small staff.  They were really friendly and suggested food items to us since we told them it was our first time there.  We ordered some pan fried pork dumplings as an appetizer, my husband ordered some beef pho and I ordered two orders of the Grilled Chicken Vietnamese Vermicelli for myself and my daughters (which I must add they kindly split into four plates for us). 
Beef Pho
We had never had Vietnamese food before and I must say, it was great.  Everything seemed to be made fresh and to order.  I had some questions on how to eat my Vietnamese Vermicelli and the owner was more than happy to give me some tips.
Grilled Chicken Vietnamese Vermicelli (half of the order)
Everything  tasted wonderful and you could taste the freshness.  Prices were great, too.  Nothing was over $8 and they were very generous portions.  If you live in the area and want to try some great food, give them a try.
They don't have a webpage so I am just gonna add their info here:
1354 NASA Parkway Suite D
Nassau Bay, Texas 77058
281-335-4567

No comments:

Post a Comment