"There's no place like home."

Monday, February 11, 2013

Bakkhus Taverna Greek Resturant and Bar

Yummy Hummus

Here is one of my personal local favorites.  When my husband asks where I would like to go for my birthday or our rare date nights, THIS is the usually always my first choice.
Bakkus Taverna Greek Resturant and Bar is located in Kemah, Texas' Lighthouse District near the popular Kemah Boardwalk.  The area is quite popular and when you sit on the deck it kinda reminds me of eating outside in Key West.
Bakkus has cozy indoor seating or has a great deck to enjoy your meal.  They have all kinds of yummy Greek food, but my family's favorite thing to eat there is burgers.  Seriously.  Their burgers have a Greek flare to them and unique taste that I've only had at Bakkus.  I usually order one of their burgers which comes with some great crispy fries lightly sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.  I've also had their Gyros and steak on steak night and they are also delicious.  Our favorite appitizer is their classic hummus with fried pita bread (comes baked, too), which my kids love. We usually end up ordering some extra pita with it because it's a good amount of hummus. 
So next time you are in the area and want to try some great Greek food, give Bakkus a try.
My Olympus Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment