"There's no place like home."

Friday, February 1, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Downtown Houston Skyline
Hello and welcome to my new blog.  Those of you that know me are thinking, "Another one?!"  I know, but this is one I had floating in my head and had to get out there.  Hey, some people are into shoes, I guess I am into blogs and local businesses.  Huh?  Well, this blog is to document my family's ventures as we check out new and well-established local businesses.  I really believe that it's the small hole in the wall restaurants, the mom and pop's, your nearest corner boutique that make a town a home.
Think of it.  When you think of your hometown (especially if you don't live there anymore), what are some of the first things you think of visiting after family and friends?  It's that restaurant that has been there since you were a kid.  That corner joint that has THE best burgers.  The bar where you just KNOW all your friends hang out on a Friday night.  Those places are hardly ever a chain, they are usually an establishment run by a local family who work their tails off to give you the best experience and product for your money.  Occasionally, I will also try to show off local festivals, cook-offs, farmers markets and anything unique to the area (mostly, Houston, Texas).

So with that being said, I encourage you to try out these local places or ones in your area.  Hope you enjoy reading!

NOTE:  These posts are only my opinions. I am going to try and highlight what I think are the best parts of each place.  They are only my opinions, your experience and opinion may vary.

ANOTHER NOTE:  Please don't get me wrong, I love chain businesses, but I hope my blog helps people discover what makes their own town unique.  

No comments:

Post a Comment