"There's no place like home."

Monday, April 15, 2013

Bacchus Wine Bar/Chili Red

Wine my brother and sister-in-law enjoyed.
 Well, once in a blue moon my husband and I get to go out on a date night.  Last Friday was one of those nights (even if it was just for about two hours).  We joined my brother, his wife and my niece over at Bacchus Wine Bar in League City.  This little gem is nestled in League City's Historic District on Main Street.  It may look like small square building from the front, but it was quite the pleasant surprise inside.
First off, if you love wine or trying out new wines this is the place for you.  They had quite an impressive list of wines to choose from.  They also had some beers to try out too, including organic beers.
Organic beer my husband and niece tried.
I really loved their decor and set-up inside. It kinda reminded me a coffee bar I used to hang out at with my friends when I was younger.  Lots of soft warm lighting and a "chill" atmosphere. The decor was also very warm and relaxing.  They had several tables, a bar, and a comfy couch to sit and enjoy time with your date or friends.  Also noticed they had a basket with some board games by the couch, so if you go on one of their slower nights you could relax and have some wine and play a round or two of chess.  Outside, in the back, they had this awesome deck that sits under an old (over 100 years) oak tree.  Also read on their Facebook page that they have nights were you can take in your old LPs and enjoy everyone's music.
Cliff from Chili Red
However, on the night we went we were entertained by the musical stylings of  Chili Red.  Chili Red is a great husband and wife team.  He mostly sings and strums his acoustic guitar and his wife joins in on the vocals. The crowd really enjoyed the music which covered a little of everything including John Mayer, Johnny Cash, George Strait and Neil Young (Listen to one of their Neil Young covers here). It was nice evening with great company.  Can't wait to go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment